Powered by Blogger.

Red Eyed Tree Frog

Sleeping red-eyed tree frog (Agalychnis callidryas)
Sleeping red-eyed tree frog (Agalychnis callidryas)
 
Amazing Wallpapers - Sleeping red-eyed tree frog (Agalychnis callidryas) displaying its full nictitating membrane (translucent third eyelid). photo credit: ©Bernard DUPONT
http://www.flickr.com/photos/berniedup/6941089388/in/photostream/

The nictitating membrane is a transparent or translucent third eyelid present in some animals that can be drawn across the eye for protection and to moisten it while maintaining visibility. Some reptiles, birds, and sharks have full nictitating membranes.
That's pretty cool looking.. Insane is that membrane. Nature is Beautiful! the eyes ! Wonderful do all of know its scientific name? i have always loved red eyed tree frogs. Another amazing creature. Hehe its tongue id hangin out its mouth like a dog. I have one and I love him. love these guys, they're awesome. u should c their eyes when they're open. they're bright red! I love frogs, they can be so beautiful. I wish humans had this membrane, my eyes are always bone dry. Cool! I just recently discovered dogs have three eye lids.